The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme. An extension to this act applying to privately run prisons comes into effect on 1st September 2016. These authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- Publish the classes of information that they make routinely available;
- Tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost.
HM Prison Addiewell adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2016.
The purpose of this Guide to Information is to:
- Allow the public to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class.
- State what charges may be applied.
- Explain how to find the information easily.
- Provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information.
- Explain how to request information we hold that has not been published
The Guide is split into the following six sections:
- Availability and formats
- Exempt information
- Contact us
- The classes of information that we publish
If you prefer you can contact us on 01506 874 500 to ask for a hard copy of the Guide to be posted to you (Charges will apply as stated in Charges section)
Availability and formats
The information we publish through the model scheme is, wherever possible, available on our website. We offer alternative arrangements for people who do not want to, or cannot, access the information online or by inspection at our premises. For example, we can usually arrange to send information to you in paper copy (although there may be a charge for this - see charges section).
We will publish the information we hold that falls within the classes of information below. If a document contains information that is exempt under Scotland's freedom of information laws (for example sensitive personal information or a trade secret), we will remove or 'redact' the information before publication and explain why.
Where HM Prison Addiewell holds the copyright in its published information, the information may be copied or reproduced without formal permission, provided that:
- It is copied or reproduced accurately;
- It is not used in a misleading context; and
- The source of the material is identified.
However, no part may be reproduced within a prospectus or in connection with any commercial activity or promotional or advertising campaign. Where HM Prison Addiewell does not hold the copyright in information we publish, we will make this clear.
This section explains when we may make a charge for our publications and how any charge will be calculated. There is no charge to view information on our website or at our premises. We may charge for providing information to you, but we will charge you no more than it actually costs us to do so. We will always tell you what the cost is before providing the information to you.
We will not charge anyone for making requests for, nor for providing, information under FOISA, but we will refuse to deal with a request where we estimate that it will cost more than £600 to locate, retrieve and provide the information.
We will not charge anyone for making requests for, nor for providing, environmental information under the EIRs, up to a limit of £600. Thereafter we may charge the full cost of providing the information. In the event that we decide to charge for the full cost of a request under the EIRs costing over £600, we will issue you with notification of the charge and how it has been calculated. If you decide not to proceed with the request there will be no charge to you. Charges are calculated on the basis of the actual cost to the authority of locating, retrieving and providing the environmental information.
- Photocopying per A4 sheet for black and white = 10p per sheet
- Photocopying per A4 sheet colour = 20p per sheet
- Postage is charged at actual rate for first class mail.
- Staff time is calculated at actual cost per staff member hourly salary rate to a maximum of £15 per person per hour.
You can contact us for assistance with any aspect of this publication scheme:
9 Station Road
Information Request Email: FOIAddiewell@sodexojusticeservices.com
Tel: 01506 874 500
We will also advise you how to ask for information that we do not publish or how to complain if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the publication scheme.
The classes of information that we publish
We publish information that we hold within the following classes. Once information is published under a class we will continue to make it available for the current and previous two financial years.
Where information has been updated or superseded, only the current version will be available. If you would like to see previous versions, you may make a request to us for that information.
- Class 1: About the authority
- Class 2: How we deliver our functions and services
- Class 3: How the authority takes decisions and what it has decided
- Class 4: What the authority spends and how it spends it
- Class 5: How the authority manages its human, physical and information resources
- Class 6: How the authority procures goods and services from external providers
- Class 7: How our authority is performing
- Class 8: Our commercial publications
- Class 9: Our open data
|Class 1||About the Authority|
Information about HMP Addiewell, who we are, where to find us, how to contact us, how we are managed and our external relations
Our Enabling Legislation:
|Class 2||How we deliver our functions and services|
Information about our work, our strategy and policies for delivering functions and services and information for our service user
Rules and Governance
How we take decisions and what we have decided
Information about the decisions we take, how we make decisions and how we involve others
What the authority spends and how it spends it
Information about our strategy for, and management of, financial resources (in sufficient detail to explain how we plan to spend public money and what has actually been spent
How we manager our Human, Physical and Information Resources
Information about how we manage the human, physical and information resources
How we produce goods and services from external providers
Information about how we procure goods and services, and our contracts with external providers
How we are performing
Information about how we perform as an organisation, and how well we deliver our functions and services
Our Commercial Publications
Information packaged and made available for sale on a commercial basis and sold at market value through a retail outlet eg. bookshop, museum or research journal
We currently have no commercial publications.
|Class 9||Our Open Data|
Information packaged and made available for sale on a commercial basis and sold at market value through a retail outlet e.g. bookshop, museum or research journal
We currently have no open data.